Founded in 2010, EatStreet has always focused on software solutions as a connecting point between restaurants and diners. The company started with hundreds of white label websites that were later united into a single food delivery marketplace. Thus, when EatStreet got in touch with Binariks, they already had the web platform complemented by iOS and Android apps for restaurants, couriers, and consumers.
What Binariks did
EatStreet relied on our experience with Scrum software development to build an effective model of remote cooperation. Our team has always participated in stand-up meetings, sprint planning, and estimations of the customer. As a result, we have achieved smooth communication with EatStreet providing frontend, backend, UX services, and QA testing for different products when their in-house specialists needed assistance.
The composition of Binariks’ tech team has varied depending on the needs of the customer and the stage of product development. Such an approach enabled EatStreet to increase the flexibility and scalability of their software development capacities.
Since the beginning of the partnership with EatStreet, Binariks team has mainly focused on:
- Optimization of EatStreet web platform with the Angular technology stack, performance testing, and regular updates;
- Enhancing the ordering process in the iOS and Android apps for diners with the Group order and Split billing features;
- Optimization of payment processing functionalities in the client’s application for diners;
- UI/UX services for EatStreet’s solution that enables restaurants to customize the food ordering app template for end-users;
- QA services aimed at checking the applications’ conformity with the essential quality standards.