Each year, humanity strives with an increasing will to automate everything people are obliged to do manually on a routine basis. The situation becomes so global that certain IT experts start to predict the total extinction of a number of human-intended jobs .
It’s difficult to overestimate the usefulness automation applications and robotics bring, nonetheless. Artificial intelligence allows advanced medical centers to implement highly efficient early-stage diagnostics. Solutions based on the Internet of Things tech concept allow conveniently managing life support systems. And blockchain-based solutions help to track the shipment of products and assure retail vendors that they resell the original medicines.
The list of concepts discovered and achieved due to the latest medical IT developments can stretch out endlessly. Isn’t this enough a reason to try and implement your own healthcare product based on advanced digital technology/technologies? In turn, healthcare information technology outsourcing will help you find perfect specialists for the task and save the total budget. Let’s discuss this in more detail.
Why Does Healthcare Need IT Outsourcing?
When you are professionally involved in the field of healthcare, it is practically impossible to go deep into the niche as specific as healthcare information technology is. On the other hand, hiring new in-house IT specialists for prolonged, constant work is difficult and maybe bitterly unrewarding.
All because – firstly, the time- and budget-consumingly gathered team may become obsolete after the final release of your software piece; secondly, the organization of new full-blown workplaces is also quite a resource-intensive task. And in what manner can a doctor recognize a veritable digital professional capable of implementing the desired functionality anyway?
Today, whole departments of narrow-profile experts work on technically complicated projects: backend guys, frontend guys, designers, testers, architectors, DevOps guys, project managers, etc. To collect the complete staff of such diverse workers and adjust communication among them, you will require six or more months at best.
This is where IT outsourcing comes into play.
If you don’t want to wait and, what’s more important, waste loads of money on the search of candidates and workflow adjustment, your best bet is the IT company with outsourcing options.
Technologies That Healthcare Provider Can Outsource
In fact, practically any existing trending tech can be applied in the healthcare field.
Take, for instance, artificial intelligence and neural networks. As you may know, based on these two progressive concepts, a number of early-stage diagnostics hardware and software solutions have already been created and successfully implemented in certain medical establishments. Diabetes, cancer tumors, as well as neurological and cardiac diseases, can now be identified by software algorithms a lot more precisely than by live doctors.
Take a look at the Internet of Things (IoT) as another instance. Right now, many healthcare companies require constant collection, structuring, analysis, and processing of large data volumes (for example, to extract valuable patient info and set up further treatment based on it). The first stage – the collection – is set off through IoT devices (e.g., sensors) connected to the centralized network. Next, a dedicated hospital information system platform is employed, which is based on an IoT platform that boasts high performance and can implement complex, voluminous Big Data calculations.
As for blockchain, it can help you implement highly reliable solutions for, e.g., recording and storing electronic health records (which are, basically a new digital format of patient charts) conveniently and in a deeply secure manner or for monitoring the shipment conditions.
Last but not least, a few words about telemetry solutions. In particular, they help facilitate the remote communication between surgeons situated in different locations in the time of need for each others’ professional help.
Pros & Cons of Healthcare IT Outsourcing
There are a number of healthcare outsourcing advantages, including:
- find an expert with the required level of qualification immediately. This is especially relevant for small-town companies when their locality’s IT industry is underdeveloped;
- decrease the project budget. The healthcare IT outsourcing can help you find qualified specialists with a reasonable demanded rate, too;
- coordinate the experts’ team efficiently. Hiring an in-house specialist brings the workflow coordinating responsibilities. With an outsourced team, you get an outsourced manager that knows the team well enough to command it properly;
- no need to provide new workspace. When you hire new staff employees, you automatically become responsible for their official registration, taxation, and workspace organization. In turn, IT outsourcing in healthcare can help you save time and budget, avoiding all those cumbersome, in many cases, temporarily needed commodities.
The major downside of the healthcare IT outsourcing is an excessively wide availability of relevant development company offers (including the ones with the unapproved reputation), which spawns the risks of coming across incompetent specialists.
Healthcare IT Outsourcing – Risk or Priority?
Surely, dedicating software development to any first freelancers you find on the web is a huge risk. It is, probably, more reasonable to do when you order a budget website. But in the case of building complex solutions for the medicine-related field, it’s always better and safer to go for well tried-and-tested IT companies that are also officially registered in terms of the local legislature.
The thing is, the potential incompetency of separate freelancer workers is only one issue. When you do everything on your own (i.e., without going for outsourcing services), there is also a task of gathering these separate ‘workforce providers’ into one team, organizing their workflow, and implementing prompt tech support. And this is quite an unreal task to handle alone. Alternatively, you can make a deal, contract with an established company and specify your requirements better as well.
Outsourcing vs In-Sourcing – Value
In-sourcing is also an option you can go for – look for sufficient specialists inside your own company. But then again, it is most unlikely that you find an expert capable of implementing efficient solutions in a medical center. Thus, in the case of healthcare, you don’t even need to choose between outsourcing healthcare IT or insourcing it.
Examples of Healthcare IT Outsourcing
The vast majority of medical centers goes for IT outsourcing in the healthcare industry avoiding complicated search, employment, and further workflow coordination procedures.
This type of collaboration has already helped to launch some world-renowned healthcare IT solutions , such as PCR.ai (for highly intelligent patient disease diagnostics), IBM Watson for Oncology , Vaccine Alliance Gavi with the Nexleaf Analytics solution, and others.
And if we talk about the local level of outsourcing in Ukraine, at Binariks , we have had a chance to provide a number of prominent outsourced healthcare solutions, such as:
- Zurvus – a workflow management solution for the US healthcare provider made in versions for web and mobile platforms that automates internal workflow processes, reduces chances of human error and boosts overall performance.
- Medvisit – a doctor searching solution for the client based in Spain, which is a web platform where doctors can sign up and start posting service offers while, in turn, users get a convenient place to call up a doctor or schedule a meeting online.
Furthermore, in our portfolio, you can see a few wellness case studies, which encourage patients to lead a healthy lifestyle:
- Buddee Fitness – an app for searching fitness professionals ordered by the Australian company. The solution includes two separate iOS apps – one for clients and one for service providers – Client and Fitness Professional, respectively. Not only it allows searching and scheduling activities with coaches, but there are also all the necessary fitness features, like a timetable, statistics, etc.
- Healthify Diet Plans – a concise yet functional workout app for the US client that has everything a sports enthusiast may need to be gathered inside one accessible interface.
What Negative Experience Can Arise? Who Is Wrong? Business or Vendor?
Surely, companies employing healthcare IT outsourcing may come across certain negative experiences. This goes especially for those easily attracted by low prices (or, as another option, by the promise to ‘implement everything in the shortest terms possible’) without really going into the histories of the partner candidates’ past cases.
As you understand, the field of healthcare is an utterly specific niche that requires special practical abilities. We’d highly recommend never to dedicate any related tasks to the specialists, you are not completely confident about.
Tips on How to Choose Healthcare IT Outsourcing Solution
In the conclusion of our discussion topic, here are a bunch of tips for those looking to employ the fitting outsourcing development company:
- choose a partner, not a vendor. The main and, probably, most obvious advantage of partner over vendors is the ability to further modernize a finished solution. Vendors, in turn, focus mass production and can be difficult to adjust according to the requirements of a single specific niche;
- insist on defining software development services and levels of performance. Don’t forget to formulate the task before turning to any company most precisely. This will give you more chances to get a partner who is truly able to handle the task in hand;
- choose a partner with experience in healthcare IT outsourcing. A software development niche in terms of healthcare is very particular. Work with Big Data and constant compliance with the GDPR spawn fair working complications. This is why it’s crucial that your potential partner is experienced in the development of particular software types;
- be completely forthcoming. Always be ready to partner up immediately. Companies specializing the niche of healthcare software development are pretty scarce, so time is pretty valuable here;
- choose someone you can trust. As for the level of trust, we’d recommend cooperating only with companies that work based on full-blown contracts and have certain service quality guarantees.
Conclusion: How Binariks Can Help You
In summary, looking for a sufficient partner in terms of healthcare outsourcing services isn’t the simplest of tasks. Nevertheless, the Binariks team is used to challenging even the most complex tasks and is always ready to help you with the implementation of turnkey products of any format. Contact us right now and we’ll discuss all the details of your future project.